Simulation and Decision Support
Mining and large capital-intensive projects are continually faced with risky and complex decisions every day.
These decisions touch on matters relating to investment options, risk management, asset optimisation and process integration through to working capital efficiency and inventory management.
VBKom follows a standardised approach with all of its simulations and tailors the detail and intensity according to the customers’/project specific requirements.
Should the simulation engagement roll over into implementation, we are well equipped with other competencies to assist clients by managing the project implementation and measuring performance against the study projected results.
Our Simulation Services
- Financial decision support
- NPV/ business case modeling
- Expected value analysis and simulation
- Capital estimation and sensitivity determination
- Multiple scenario modelling
- Discrete event and process simulation (SIMIO) with integrated three-dimensional visualisation
- Monte Carlo simulations
- Probabilistic branching / schedule option simulation
- Option analysis support
- Decision tree / option analysis
- Scenario development facilitation
Simulation - Application Areas
VBKom is geared to serve both projects in study phase (front-end loading project phases FEL 0-3) and productive operations on either a strategic or low level operational detail.
The most common simulation application areas are:
- Strategic and/or operational option analysis;
- NPV and business case modelling and sensitivity analysis (project or operations);
- Capital investment risk-reward modeling (e.g. fleet mix requirements);
- Cost analysis and optimisation;
- Operations process efficiency and alternatives simulation (e.g. loading options, blending options, shift change impacts);
- Logistics, product and inventory management simulation (e.g. location, volume, stockpile, spares, fuel);
- Operational fleet and route optimistation (e.g. road/rail/pipe/conveyor/ship);
- Material flow and quality predictions
Download Simulation Information Sheet PDF
Download French Translation of Simulation Information Sheet PDF